CHERUPUSHPA MISSION LEAGUE: THALASSERY

The wide spreading of CML was accelerated by the establishment of Thalassery Diocese in 1953. Mar Sebastian Vallopilly, the first Bishop of Thalassery Diocese. Rev. Fr. Peter Kuttiyani was appointed as the first director of CML on Sep. 24, 1958 and a diocesan managing committee was elected in 1959 Apr. 2. From then onwards, CML is the most important and flourishing lay organization in our Diocese and it continuous to grow, instilling a missionary zeal in the youngsters.

At the root of CML is seven member group, subsequently, the parish, Forane, and Archdiocesan units are followed. It is at these different levels that the various programme are planned and implemented. At the parish levels, the members are organized under the directorship of the parish priest. Besides him, there will be two animators, a religious nun and a lay catechist, and the president, the secretary and three other executive members elected from the members. The executive committee is headed by the Forane Director, a priest appointed by the Archbishop, and the elected president and the secretary. The executive members of the fifteen Foranesfrom the Archdiocesan managing committee, headed by the Archdiocesan Director, President and Secretary. It is the responsibility of the Archdiocesan Director and his team to co-ordinate all the training programmes and other activities of Mission League.

Aims

  Fostering missionary spirit and assisting missionaries by means of prayer, man and money

  Vocation promotion and personality development

Motto

         Love

         Renunciation

         Service

         Endurance